24/10/2013

 - As I am also working in a start up (Travelyaari), I do track start ups in India. So I thought, why not give you a list of up-coming start ups in India, which I think will rock the domestic scene within near future.

So here I present you the best start ups for general public (this is purely based on my thinking :) Though there are many technology start ups, but I am omitting them at this time.

=> www.travelyaari.com

Don't take me wrong by thinking that as I am working here I am ranking this concept; but I joined this start up as I had trust in it.

In laymen terms, it is the IRCTC of bus.

=> www.travelkhana.com

Through this delhi based start up, retail customers can order the food while travelling through train. Travelkhana provides the service to order your food without leaving your berth in train, just order through their website, or by calling them and they will get your order @ your seat.

They have a large database of restaurants and they do provide their service @ almost all major railway stations.

=> www.zomato.com

You can term it as bible of restaurants (may be I am over exagerating this); Zomato allows users to post the feedback on the restaurants in India, Shri Lanka,  UK, and many more countries.

The best thing which I liked is that, they don't allow members to post a feedback in regular section if they have reviewed less than 10 restaurants. This is how they make sure that users are able to read fare reviews.

=> www.delightcircle.com

The company offers discount and offers of the nearby places of your residence; now you would say why I have termed this as an upcoming start up as there are many in market who offer same services; answer is: 1) they provide the functionality on android phone where there is a pop of the offer as soon as you enter the place who is offering the discounts/rewards. 2) You get rewarded for walking into the stores who are offering.

=> www.instamojo.com

You can sell your books, software, old bicycle, anything under the sun just by posting your ad; the unique thing you'll get the link to your add which you can market through facebook, linked in, are any other platform.

=> www.pothi.com

It won't be wrong to term this as "Kasturi" for upcoming writers. You can upload your work without any fee, and if your get the buyer the Pothi staff makes sure you are getting your payment.

=> www.gozocabs.com

Again, a industry where there are many players but Gozo Cab's USP is that they charge you only for one way taxi trip. Meaning, let's say, if you are travelling from Jaipur to Delhi (and not coming back in same taxi) then you won't have to shell out for to-and-fro fare.

=> www.aaramshop.com


In simple words, they have database of, may be around, 2500 kirana shops, and they provide you their services.

This was very short list of start ups, but I'll admit that I was somewhat biased to them because of their USP & never heard of concept.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog