Greetings Fooodies..!!

I was talking with some of my office colleagues, and came to know that many of them are yearning of "Original Chaats"...

So, here I am with my "Lip-Smackingly-Fantabously-Teekha-Chatpata-Delicious" review of "Chaat Waala" at Jyoti Nivas College Rd., Koramangala 5th Block. 

It was Ramzaan week, and our priority was tasting some locally prepared "Desserts" (Read it: We are Vegetarians) at "Ramzaan Stalls" of Koramangala. 

As our secondary priority was "Sweets", so we started scouting for our "Primary" priority of "Meal"; this is what I call "Reverse Engineering" in "Food" ;)

So, with a common consensus, we rounded on "ChaatWala" for our meal (and again, as always, Zomato came to our help; and we weren't wrong in our decision).

We took a rickshaw (here, Ola came to our rescue ;) and went straight to this place keeping our fingers crossed; while taking seat, first thing I noticed that they served water in "Earthen Clay Pots" similar to "Ollas" of "Mexico" or "pitcher-like-matki". 

After taking a seat, I ordered my "Misal Paav" (I ahd already checked the menu); will tell you one thing: I've never tasted or even heard of misal paav in Bengaluru, since my Pune tour way back in November. And my wife (after scanning whole menu) ordered "Raj Kachori".

As far as "Misal Paav" was concerned: it lacked the "TeekhaPan" or "Chatkara" of real "Misal Paav" (may be Restaurant served "Kannadiga version" of "Misal Paav") but rest all was perfect; "Raj Kachori": it was gr8 with right amount of "Tangyness", "Sweetness" (due to dates), "Tikahsh".

Then for next round, we ordered "Paani Puri" & "Veg. Frankie"; no comments on that: both were "Original-to-the -Core". As I loved the "Frankie" (may be after a long time OR missing "Amdavadi-Frankie@Drive-In") I re-ordered "Frankie".

Here, I have noticed one thing: "Local joints" know their "Frankie" or "Kathi Roll" to the "Perfection"; you name the place and you bound to get a good "Frankie" or "Kathi Roll" (barring few or if it is not your lucky day).

Now, we resumed our "Food-O-Holic" journey after paying the bill; and straight went to "Ramzaan Stalls"; and back to our pad.

All in all, it was a nice experience at "Chaat Wala"; I would definetly recommend to visit this place.

=======

Comments

Popular posts from this blog